No Products in the Cart
Early Sunday morning, a Toledo resident called 911 and told the dispatcher that he and his wife were trapped in a second floor bedroom. Once crews arrived on the scene, they had the couple jump to safety from the 2nd floor.
The police made an attempt to enter the home at first but the flames on the 1st floor were too much and prevented them from reaching the trapped couple.
Once the couple was safe, an officer was able to get into the home via the side door before entering the basement and letting the 3 dogs out of their cages.
“Our friends in the fire department tell us don’t go into a burning building. That’s their job and we get that. But when we see people stranded in a building who can’t get out and we’re the only ones there, they’re going to do what they think is necessary to save lives.”
– Chief George Kral.
“There are truly no words to describe how grateful we feel. Smoke detectors and the quick response of the Toledo police and fire crews saved our lives, and the lives of our precious pets; Margaret, Theo, and Copper. Our family is safe, thanks to our community’s first responders. The outpouring of love and support from our family, friends, and neighbors is overwhelming. We love and appreciate every one of you so much. You will indeed do better in Toledo! So today, count your blessings, hug the ones you love, and check the batteries in your smoke detectors.”
– Family spokesperson
The couple was treated for smoke inhalation and they’re expected to make a full recovery. No officers were injured in the incident.Thin Blue Line Show Home
The post (Body Cam) Toledo Police Rescue 2 People And Their 3 Dogs From House Fire appeared first on America's Keepers.